Sunday, September 27, 2009

Apartment Pics


As promised, here are a few after-ish photos of our apartment. We've still got some things to hang up, pictures to develop, and a kitchen table to get, but I think you can get the idea from these.

Jenavene's room
Our studio room (we haven't done anything with this yet, obviously)
The kitchen (which we also have done nothing with)
View from the living room, looking into the studio room
Living room again- door to the right is my room
Back wall of the living room
View from my door into my room. Behind the curtain are some built in shelves. That;s my closet on the left, which is pretty spacious (all things considered). Hey, at least I have a closet this time. 
My "window". It goes straight into this storage room we have, which is now Jenavene's closet
I know, the walls are so bare, ha. I'm working on it though.
Got that gorgeous gold frame off of the street, just waiting to be collected by the trash guys.Won that wine rack (or in my case, apple cider rack) from eBay for 99 cents. Pretty lucky eh? Love my bedspread (thanks mom!).
I should have probably put up some "before" pictures. I guess just pretend all the walls are a nasty yellow-white color and that there's absolutely nothing but a refrigerator in it. It's a pretty good size apartment, my only complaint being that the bathroom is teeny. Anyway, it's a work in progress but we're getting all settled in. We're on the 2nd floor of a 2 story building. It's basically like a 2 story house that was converted into 2 separate apartments. Two of our ACU friends live below us, one of which I'm going to church with later today (yes! a church buddy!) 

I'm liking this neighborhood more everyday. People here are friendly, even though quite a few of them don't speak much English. We live very close to the subway platform and to 2 of the busiest streets in the neighborhood, so pretty much everything we need is within a 5 block radius. We're the last stop on the N/W line, and it's considered one of the safest stops in the whole city. Jenavene and Seth went out of town this weekend for a wedding in New Jersey, so I had the whole apartment to myself. I got to see a Broadway show for free, thanks to another ACU alum. I'm looking forward to going on some auditions and getting a job. It's already starting to get a little chilly, but I love the fall here. I'll keep you updated as things happen!

4 comments:

Lisa Lehrmann said...

It's beautiful!! I love it! It's lookin' like a real home. The only thing missing is me!! Love u baby!

Sherry Martin said...

Looks Good, Lindsey! Only in New York do you have windows that look into other rooms, we stayed in a hotel like that in New York that summer. Don't fill up the walls like our Wed classroom, use some restraint. ha ha jk. Have fun!
Lv, Sherry

rachelprice said...

I love the blue! It looks great! I'm glad everything is going so well and you are getting settled in! Miss you!

Mary said...

What pretty colors you girls chose! Very chic. :) You'll have to take a picture once you get those walls filled. We miss you, but are so excited to read about your adventures in the Big City! Love you.