Monday, August 4, 2008

Start Spreadin' the News...












I'm leaving tomorrow!




My family surprised me last night with a Tony/Oscar themed going-away party. There are few better feelings than walking into a room full of family members who all came together to show their support for you. Especially when you get to walk in on a red carpet with Frankie Blue Eyes singing to you. After we ate stack-ups (yum!), Aunt Sherry and Rachel did a David Letterman Top Ten Countdown of the "Top Ten Reasons Not To Go To New York," which I will list for your reading pleasure:




10. New Yorkers don't appreciate Southern charm


9. Your parents say you can "live with them forever"


8. Rio needs a theatre teacher


7. All friends and family will take vacations and stay with you


6. You'll miss your old Rio friends


5. You have to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade outside


4. Pet Rats


3. You might have Bill and Hillary as neighbors


2. Warm Texas weather


1. Carnegie players need you!




I also got some really creative presents to help me get started in New York. I have enough Ramen to last me a few months, some gift cards for when I will hurt someone if I have to eat another package of Ramen, a sticky dart gun, a gun that came with 3 silver bullets, and a water gun(...are you seeing the same pattern I'm seeing?). I also got a beanie baby dog so that I can have a low matenience pet, some Raid bug spray, a High School Musical doll (so that I can always keep my eye on the prize), some hand sanitizer, a new purse, a necklace that's got a scripture from Gensis on it, my own personal trainer, a star with my name on it, and the awesome list goes on and on...




We had a blast. I have the best family...so if you're not in my family, feel free to be jealous. I haven't even started packing, so I'll wrap up today's post by simply saying "there is no place like home."


2 comments:

MYN said...

Lindsay darlin,

You will do GREAT - don't you worry bout a thing! I wish you all the best in your endeavors!

xoxoxox

rachelprice said...

I'm so glad you started a blog. I expect to see updates often so we can hear how you are doing. Lv, RP